Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

i want a...MOVIE ROOM


I don't have a movie room myself but i sure have designed every detail in my head of my imaginary one! If you're lucky enough to have a spare room or already have a movie room (if so i envy you) OR you want to make your bedroom have a movie theme then this may be of some help!



this one SCREAMS comfort as there is room for everyone and you can lie, sit and have room for all your movie snacks and essentials! The room is really efficiently used as it is quite a large space and the sofa being in every colour imaginable could mirror the variety of genres of film being shown in the room.

now for something a little more QUIRKY and out there as they use pallet board sofas with staggered heights. This gives it a sophisticated look with the soft shades of green and grey. The brick wall feature adds to this and the poster pictures behind keep it stylish yet simple. This won't be as comfortable as you cannot lean back with back support so for me this is just a little too stylish for comfort.

alfresco entertainment. This ofcourse is temporary but it is beyond cute and retro with the candles and fairy lights. The projection screen would show the films in quite a VINTAGE feel so all together this is the perfect date night or movie night with the girls!

So if like me you don't have the luxury of a separate room for watching the flicks and felt like giving your bedroom a movie feel then a mural is PERFECT! Take your favourite movie or even movieS and paint away (if your arty) or go for something a little more approachable:
- Find your favourite movies and paste the wall with their posters (amazon) like a collage?
OR
- Paint/Write your favourite/famous movie quotes all over the wall

But for now I'll have to SETTLE for my laptop, some snacks and my favourite films until I win the lottery and buy a house with an extra room THEN I can finally have my movie room.

Until then beautifuls!


all photos courtesy of the lovely users of weheartit.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment